Like Kyle's Cog on Facebook

Monday, September 24, 2012

Rockburn Skills Park


I've been riding this new park pretty frequently since it opened. The first time I hit the dirt, I was hooked. This style of riding it totally new to me, which just means every time I clear a jump or rail a berm that I hadn't yet, it's that much more fun. The park was a huge effort by several groups including MORE, IMBA and Howard County. I've come out a few times to clear debris and throw some dirt around and that's how the trails are maintained: volunteer hours.
Today, I was so amped to go ride, I hastily fastened my bike to the rack and lost it turning into the park. Luckily, it's pretty sturdy and survived with just a few scratches.
There are 3 lines and a pump track to ride here. The first is a beginner friendly flow line, then a bigger jump line with 3 decent sized tabletops, and the third consists of rocks, logs and more rocks. On my Dismondback Assault, I stick to the pump track, the flow line and the jump line. The rocky line is best attempted on my Kona Coilair.

It's a perfect fall day. The dirt is dry but not dusty and my tires are rolling fast.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy the ride.
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment